Graduate Program Application Process
Applications for admission to graduate programs must be submitted to the University of Mississippi Graduate School through the online application process.
In order to be assured consideration, the following materials must be on file in the Graduate School:
- An online application completed through the Graduate School website http://gradschool.olemiss.edu.
- A 1-2 page, single-spaced statement of career goals, objectives, motivation, and readiness to pursue graduate study, must be uploaded with online graduate school application.
- Official GRE scores taken within 5 years of applying to the graduate program must be sent to the Graduate School. GRE must have been taken within 5 years of applying for the graduate program. Scores of not less than 146 on the verbal, 140 on the quantitative and 3.0 on writing divisions are recommended for admission at the Master’s level. Scores of not less than 153 on the verbal, 144 on the quantitative and 3.5 on writing divisions are recommended for admission at the Ph.D. level.
- Official transcripts from all institutions where a degree was obtained AND from institutions attended for any graduate work sent to the Graduate School. A cumulative grade-point average (last 60 hours) of 3.0 for admission into the Master’s program is recommended, 3.2 for admission into the doctoral program. Selection for admission requires a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline for the master’s program and a master’s for the doctoral program.
- Resume or CV (optional)
- Official English proficiency test scores (Only if the applicant’s native language is not English): TOEFL, IELTS, or Pearson’s Test of Academic English scores within 2 years of applying to the graduate program sent to the Graduate School
- Ph.D. program candidates
- must submit at least three letters of recommendation by uploading documents with the applicant’s online graduate school application. These are not required for application to master’s programs.
- identify a faculty member as their advisor/mentor prior to admittance to the program.
Instructions for submitting application materials such as test scores and transcripts can be found on the Graduate School website. For questions about the submission process, contact the Graduate School (Email: email@example.com). For questions about our programs, contact HESRM Graduate Program Coordinator, Dr. Allison Ford-Wade.