Minor in Recreation Administration
The 18 hour minor in Recreation Administration provides basic concepts and constructs used by professionals in the leisure service industries to provide programs for all people. The minor is ideal for majors in associated professions or degrees that require programming to provide services for their participants, clients, visitors and/or consumers.
Required courses for a minor Include PRM 194, 200, 262, 302, 332 and 3 hour PRM elective.
- PRM 194: Foundations of Leisure and Recreation
- PRM 200: Park & Recreation Program Leadership
- PRM 262: Introduction to Therapeutic Recreation
- PRM 301: Planning & Evaluation in PRM
- PRM 302: Program Planning & Development
- PRM 332: Outdoor Recreation
- PRM 371: Camp Leadership
- PRM 372: Procedures and Techniques in Therapeutic
- PRM 375: Recreational Sports Programming
- PRM 380: Current Issues in Travel & Tourism Mgmt.
- PRM 401: Internship in Parks and Recreation Mgmt.
- PRM 425: Design and Maintenance of Facilities
- PRM 471: Admin. of Park & Recreation Programs
- PRM 473: Supervision and Administration of Therap
- PRM 490: Independent Study