Minor in Recreation Administration
The 18 hour minor in Recreation Administration provides basic concepts and constructs used by professionals in the leisure service industries to provide programs for all people. The minor is ideal for majors in associated professions or degrees that administer and manage service-based programs for their participants, clients, visitors and/or consumers.
Required courses for a minor Include RA 194, 200, and 12 hours of Recreation Administration (RA) electives.
- RA 194: Foundations of Leisure and Recreation
- RA 200: Park & Recreation Program Leadership
- RA 262: Introduction to Therapeutic Recreation
- RA 301: Planning & Evaluation in RA
- RA 302: Program Planning & Development
- RA 332: Outdoor Recreation
- RA 371: Camp Leadership
- RA 372: Procedures and Techniques in Therapeutic
- RA 375: Recreational Sports Programming
- RA 380: Current Issues in Travel & Tourism Mgmt.
- RA 401: Internship in Parks and Recreation Administration
- RA 425: Design and Maintenance of Facilities
- RA 471: Admin. of Park & Recreation Programs
- RA 473: Supervision and Administration of Therapy
- RA 490: Independent Study