Master of Science in Exercise Science
Exercise and physical activity play essential roles for the prevention of disease, rehabilitation, and athletic performance. Employers recognize the benefit of hiring someone with advanced knowledge in the science and implementation of exercise that you will gain in our program.
Learn from experts in the field of Exercise Science and have the opportunity to participate in and conduct cutting-edge research. Enjoy first-rate research and/or internship experiences in the field of Exercise Science tailored to your career/research interest in order to help facilitate your future career.
The M.S. in Exercise Science prepares students for careers in fitness, allied health, research or advanced study at the doctoral (Ph.D.) level. The program prepares students for a broad range of health and fitness related professions through a curriculum that focuses on the applied sciences of exercise physiology and motor control. The curriculum ensures that students are presented with the most contemporary issues and trends in the application of exercise for weight management, cardiopulmonary health, maintenance of functional movement throughout the lifespan, and the application of exercise science to athletic performance.
Our program offers long-term career flexibility, and multiple career paths are available from a single degree program:
- Future health and wellness coaches in the community or those working in corporate wellness settings
- Research scientists studying the optimization of both the body and the mind
- Strength and Conditioning coaches for major sports teams
- Clinical Exercise Scientists working in state of the art hospitals and clinics
- Physical (PT) and Occupational (OT) therapists who used this degree to obtain important knowledge about human movement prior to attending PT and OT school
- Physicians who used this degree to obtain research experience and knowledge of human physiology prior to attending medical school