Rho Phi Lambda
The Ole Miss Sport and Recreation Administration degree program has the chapter name Alpha Xi of Rho Phi Lambda. This organization is an honorary professional recreation, park, and leisure service fraternity.
The purpose of this organization is to:
- Recognize superior recreation/parks/leisure majors;
- Encourage development of professional standards;
- Stimulate personal development and professional growth;
- Recognize those persons who have made outstanding contributions to the field of recreation/parks/leisure.
Eligibility of Active Members:
The qualifications for students to be eligible for active membership in Rho Phi Lambda involve scholarship, leadership and service. The candidate will be evaluated in all three areas.
Section 1. Scholarship Requirements:
- The undergraduate student’s overall grade point average must rank in the upper fifteen percent of overall grade point average for all Sport and Recreation Administration major students at the University of Mississippi or have a minimum overall grade point average of 3.0 based upon a four-point system.
- The undergraduate student must be in the top fifteen percent of have a 3.2 average in Sport and Recreation Administration courses whichever is higher.
- The undergraduate student must have completed 45 semester hours of which at least 9 semester hours are required professional courses (SRA 194, 200, 301, 302 425, & 471).
- The graduate student must have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 and completed 9 semester hours of professional courses.
Section 2. Leadership Requirement:
- Substantial evidence or documentation of outstanding leadership.
Section 3. Service Requirements:
- Substantial evidence or documentation of service to campus and/or community.
- Student must accrue 3.0 documented Recreation Administration Continuing Education units (RACEs).
The University of Mississippi received Charter status in 2003.